Saturday 23 May 2015

Half face makeup - 3 'Must Haves' pt.1

As you can see in this photo I have half makeup on & half on. 



This is just to show you the way I wear my makeup everyday compared to my natural face. I love brows, vintage style eyeliner & perfect concealing - my 3 most important things when doing my own makeup. Here are my must have Brows, the following 2 blogposts will be on eyeliner then concealer. 

BROWS:

I love thick shaped brows. Mine are a good shape on their own but I feel they are too gappy so I fill them in. My go to brow products are Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade & Barry M brow palette.
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow comes in several shades, I use Medium Brown and it's a perfect match for my hair colour. 



It's more of a cream consistency and is best applied with an angled brush like this - 



It can also be used subtly or boldly depending on the look you are going for. During the day I make mine slightly more subtle by just using a little less product on the brush and applying it lightly. For a more defined and bold look I use more product on the brush and apply it with more intensity. I still like to go lighter on the inner corners however which gives the brows a more natural look and no harsh fake lines.




I also really like the Barry M brow palette because it has a thick cream also and 2 powders. To be honest I don't use the lighter shade because I feel it's too yellow for highlighting the brow bone (which I assume it's there for??) but just as an eyeshadow. However, I do use the cream then the powder on my brush for a darker bolder look. I just use the powder for the inner corners to again avoid harsh lines. If you have a thin angled brush you can use the cream to draw in hairs, which I do sometimes at the inner corners as I feel one brow is slightly fuller than the other at that part.

I hope you enjoyed this post and keep an eye out for my eyeliner & concealer posts coming soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment