Monday 11 May 2015

Batiste VS. Herbal Essences

I use dry shampoo a lot, so I like to try new ones every now and again just incase a better one comes along!

The most recent brands I have tried are Batiste & Herbal Essences. 
So I'm going to compare the two and tell you which is the best choice in my opinion.



Batiste:

I have used Batiste for a long time now and I can always rely on it. My favourite is the Floral & Flirty Blush. It has a pretty scent which is important to me, and really does make the hair look better when you're in a hurry and don't have time to wash it. It's great for festivals over the summer too! 
It also comes in a smaller bottle which is perfect for travelling or fitting into your handbag, I definitely use my smaller one more often. 

It's handy when back combing the hair instead of using a hair spray, because of it's texture it helps hold the volume in the hair, but I wouldn't recommend using it as a substitute to hairspray completely because it only really helps with back combing. For holding stray hairs in place, big updos and curls I'd definitely stick with hairspray.

I'm still not too sure on the 'Hint of Colour' version, because I think sometimes it dulls the shine on your hair a bit more than the non tinted ones, and it's a bit risky when you're spraying it near your roots because it shows on your scalp. I used this in a hurry once and realised in the car 20 minutes later that my forehead was a shade darker than the rest of my face - because I had sprayed it all over me! So this one is a bit too much hassle for me, I'll stick to my Blush.



(Hairspray review coming soon)

VS. Herbal Essences:

I saw this and bought it because it was new and I thought I would try it..... I wish I didn't even bother! It does smell lovely, that's the only good thing I can say about it to be honest.


When the product is sprayed it's far too concentrated, so it comes out almost wet. I thought maybe it went on like this then dried but it didn't. It made my hair look greasy and dirty when it wasn't, and I was away to a hotel for the night and hadn't brought shampoo or conditioner with me. As a result I ended up having to wash with my hair with the hotel shampoo and conditioner which wasn't good, but was still better than what it looked like using the Herbal Essences spray in shampoo. 

My hair never looks good when I use Herbal Essences products but my sisters hair always looks great using it, so I asked her to try it just incase it was just me. But she was the exact same and we ended up just throwing it in the bin!! 



WINNER:

Batiste!!!!
 
If you have any other dry shampoos you love please contact me & let me know, I would to try them!

Jen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment