Thursday 14 May 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contouring

My previous post focused mainly on the contour palettes for concealing, so this post is about contouring the face.



I'll be honest I'm not a huge fan contouring the whole face really extreme. I prefer a more natural contour but I'm going to try out every kind anyway. 

This look I tried is more natural. I have shown the before photo to show the difference the makeup makes, but doesn't change my face either.


As you can see I have quite a bit of redness & some spots so I used the yellow concealer and the palest tone to cover that. I apply my foundation first then the contouring & concealing on top. The foundation used here is L'Oréal Paris True match in Porcelain. 

I used the warmer colours to contour since I'm pretty pale at the moment so the darker ones would have been too extreme. I used my concealer brush to draw the line down my cheekbone, temples & jawbone, then used a Beauty Blender to blend it in. 
I didn't contour my nose or forehead so I'll try that out in another look soon.
Next I set my face with powder and used my contour palette to set the darker tones with a darker powder. This gives the contour a softer and more natural look and ensures it will stay on longer.

I PROMISE I will do a youtube tutorial soon, I know I keep saying it but I haven't had the time recently :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment