Monday 27 April 2015

My L'Oréal Brush Contest Experience

I was a finalist in the L'Oréal Brush Contest in March. To get to the UK Final I had to submit a 3 minute 'Colour Clash' tutorial onto youtube.
This is a photo of the look I created based on this sunset from the view from my house. I used the blues & purples to clash with the oranges & pinks on the lips. 



 My video was chosen to be in the top 50 and then thanks to the public votes ( I got over 2,000 which I was totally not expecting!), I got into the top 5! Here are some photos from my experience:



Yes that is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini & Val Garland! They were both on the judging panel! They were both impressed by my ombré lip. Val gave us the look we had to focus on which was 'Graphic Liner'. We had 30 minutes to create our look so I went for a 60s theme with an extreme cut crease and a modern twist with the ombré lip. I wanted to use the eyeliner on a different part of the face other than the eye so I used it to create the darker outer corners of the lips. Here was my final look:


I didn't win in the end, but it was such an amazing experience and one that I will never forget! My prize for being in the top 5 was a full L'Oréal makeup kit!!!!! Wait until my next post and I'll add plenty of photos!! 

Youtube- search 'MUArtistry by Jen' to see my tutorial 😊😊 xx






No comments:

Post a Comment